Sunday, November 29, 2015

Coming This Week!

So I've got the Chromebook set up and tested a recording while offline. I think this will work quite nicely for me. I'm going to do this all on a Chromebook and not use any full blown Linux distro and absolutely no Windows!

It's all about the workflow!

So for the blogging part I can use Google Keep, Google Docs or even Writer to flesh out the article then when I get to dependable wifi I can copy/paste to the Blogger app, find an interesting picture to accompany it and boom post it!

For the audio I just tested an app called AudioRecorder. It works offline and records to a mono wav file. I can then use an app when I find the wifi called Beautiful Audio Editor. It is a multi track mixer to upload files and only works while online. It will mix your files down to a wav file that I will need to then throw into Audio Converter to convert to ogg or mp3. OR I can just use Audio Joiner to upload my voice track and intro and outro music, set the crossfades and it will return a nice mp3 all ready to go. Yeah this will give me a flurry of activity when I get on wifi but its stuff that I can get going in the background and still continue on with my family duties. 

Why am I insisting on doing all of this on a Chromebook?

Why Not?  Seriously though, if I can do this all on a Chromebook then obviously nearly anybody can do this. For me I'm taking advantage of a lot of Google's services and products because they are free. And I'll be using Archive.org for the media hosting because it's free. Free is awesome considering the amount of money I've spent on hosting, software and domain names over the last 10 years of podcasting, streaming and blogging. And the fact that a lot of this workflow will be performed offline is something that I find fasinating.
I just hope this work flow works for me so that I can actually just concentrate on the content and not be fighting with the production of it. Thats the main reason I shut down NTROradio. I was trying to do daily posts, tweaking playlists, keeping the stream up and it was just too annoying for what little time I have. So if I can keep this streamlined and working on fewer higher quality content I should be much more satisfied.
Until this weekend. Keep it safe and dont stick your finger where you wouldn't stick your face.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment